The 2016 – 2017 zero interest rate loan is part of the real estate loan. It is an interest-free loan and is complementary to the financing of housing since it can not finance the entire purchase price of the property. Beneficiaries of PTZ 2016 – 2017 are first-time buyers buying their main residence. To subscribe, borrowers must meet the criteria and conditions of resources.
For the financing of your principal residence, the borrower can take out a zero-interest loan and use the complementary loans or the helpers listed below:
- Depreciable loans
- Assisted Loans: NOT, PC, Housing Action
- Housing Savings Loan (PEL)
- Eco-loan at zero rate (in this case, the transaction cost used to calculate the amount of the PTZ does not take into account the amounts of work financed by the eco-loan at zero rate)
- Personalized assistance to housing
- Grants from the National Agency for Housing Improvement (Anah)
Zero-rate loan 2016 – 2017: Beneficiaries and funded projects
To benefit, you must be French or foreign holder of a residence card. Ceilings of resources, determined through the place of residence and the number of people destined to occupy the dwelling, must not be exceeded.
The 2017 PTZ must fund the borrower’s principal residence and this person must not have owned their principal residence in the last two years. This condition is not required if one of the occupants of the dwelling is the holder of a disability or incapacity card, a beneficiary of the disabled adult allowance or of the child-raising allowance, if he is the victim of a disaster that made housing definitely uninhabitable.
A dwelling is considered to be a principal residence if it is inhabited by the first-time buyer at least eight months of the year.
2017 in the new: what are the projects concerned?
It can finance all new properties never inhabited: Sales in the Future State of Completion (VEFA), turnkey sales, purchase of land to build his principal residence or the construction of a home.
Old housing considered new:
- The old housing with a bunch of important works assimilating it fiscally to a brand new property: the work must relate to foundations, non-foundation elements determining the rigidity of the work, the consistency of the facades, elements of second work. The works will have to produce a new home in the fiscal sense but also to receive the energy performance conditions BBC Rénovation 2009 or HPE Rénovation 2009).
- Non-residential housing converted into a principal residence
The 2016 -2017 in the old
- The old housing with a bunch of works representing at least 25% of the cost of the operation. The work must relate to the creation of living space or additional areas, sanitation, modernization or development of living space or additional areas. It can also finance works intended to achieve savings provided they are not financed by a zero interest Eco loan.
- Old properties from a low-cost housing organization (HLM)
2016 – 2017 is a contribution
In the strict sense of the law, the PTZ 2016 – 2017 is considered as a contribution (this is also the case of the housing equity loan). However, when analyzing the risk by the lending institution, the 2016-2017 zero rate loan is not considered as such. The contribution taken into account by the lending organization corresponds to the available savings injected into the operation.